Friday, March 2, 2007

Friday Night and it is snowing again...............

It is Friday night and it has snowed all day long. Emily had her second snow day from school this year which is really good. The school figures in 5 snow days a school year. If we don't use all the snow days, the kids will get out a few days early in June. Kenny is getting married to Laurie in July and I haven't decided what I want to do for vacation. Last year I took the girls and Link on a kind of whirl wind vaca and we had a blast!!!

I am going to re-do my main floor bathroom this month. Since I have bought my house from the divorce, I have done maintenance work on something each year. The first fall Kenny, Scott, Link and I (who basically just bought the material and then supervised), put a metal roof on. That has taken care of the leaks (except for my skylight!!!). I also put base board heat in my house so that I do not have to have this huge blower in my dining room! Last year I bought all the materials to re-do my basement apartment. I now have that paid off so, now I can start on my living area.
So, I went to Lowe's last weekend and have pretty much decided what I want to do in the bathroom. Mom will be very impressed with my color choices. I think that I shall have a green tile floor with some shade of green walls. I want to buy a really nice pedestal sink and new toilet. Link will help me with those 2 items. I am looking forward to my first tile job. I think that it will be pretty easy. I think this project will take about 2 weekends. I am very excited to being able to start working on my house. My poor house has been neglected long enough. Unfortunately my money resources are low, so whatever work I do I have to put on credit. So my plan is to charge a project and pay it off, then start the next project....this will take time and I am starting with the smaller jobs.
Well, that is it for tonight...........
Until later....................kk

1 comment:

GrizDave said...

Cool, glad to hear you are feeling well enough to tackle projects like this, we will look forward to seeing pictures of how it comes out. That will have to do until we get a chance to visit in person again!